Working closely with the wider operations and event teams, you will be responsible for the organisation and management of multiple international exhibition and conference projects from conception through to completion. Working with internal and external stakeholders and suppliers to deliver operational excellence, on time and within budget and with a good ROI. Please note: This role requires additional languages (Mandarin, Portuguese, French or Spanish). This position is fully office based (including international travel) with not remote/flexible working options at this time.
What they are
- Experience (4 years minimum) in international B2B conferences and exhibitions. Experience of working in Africa and/or China is advantageous.
- Additional Languages are essential, specifically Mandarin or Portuguese (French or Spanish also advantageous)
- First Aid Knowledge / training is desirable.
- Detailed knowledge of small to large scale operations and Health & Safety best practice. Ideally with IOSH Certification.
- Strong negotiating and contract management skills.
- Project Management; ability to oversee/manage multiple products.
- Sound commercial awareness – management of budgets for events and keeping within the budget set.
- Ability to network and liaise with senior people/trade bodies, associations and diverse cultures.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Knowledge and experience with AutoCAD is helpful.
- Open to international travel to countries in Asia, Africa, Europe, North America.
- This role is office based 5 days per week, no remote/flexible working options at this time.
- Successfully plan and execute all operational and logistical elements for conferences and exhibitions in consultation with the Head of Operations, Event Director / Conference Producers and Sales team.
- Effectively work on the technical elements of the events, projects which may include catering, internet, signage, feature areas, conference etc.
- Conduct feasibility studies regarding the operational requirements, and draft budgets for current events and new launches.
- Conduct site visits and ensure venues are fit for purpose.
- Creating and updating show floor plans and layout plans.
- Assist with the production of Exhibitor Manuals and Information sheets.
- Co-ordinate onsite freight, traffic and security requirements.
- Manage adhoc projects, e.g., Evening Functions or Roadshows - source venues, negotiate entertainment, AV & Lighting, F&B, etc.
- Agree any event sponsorship sales opportunities / obtain quotes, then implement any sponsor/exhibitor agreements and liaise directly with the client on fulfilment, providing great customer service care.
- Analyse event operations post shows and prepare and implement recommendations for improving operational efficiencies on future events.
- Work with finance and delegate sales teams to register attendees.
- Prepare, manage, and monitor operational event budgets, keeping costs firmly under control.
- Strong negotiating skills, helping achieve profit targets through cost savings.
- Creates an immediate, positive and professional impression on colleagues and external suppliers
- Externally - Build and maintain excellent working relationships with external providers including (but not exclusively) venues, all types of service suppliers and A/V providers
- Ensures that favourable rates and terms are negotiated - Obtaining quotes, conducting full tender processes, negotiating costs, creating Service Level Agreements, selecting and appointing the providers.
- Internally – Interacts effectively with fellow team members, other departments to gain and effectively apply internal knowledge.
- Present to the wider team internally, and to venues and suppliers, the updates of the events throughout the event cycle.
- Ensure first class customer communications (delegate, sponsor, and exhibitor) at all times. Manage scheduled communication to go out at key stages of the event process regarding all logistical details.
- Managing speakers, both pre-event and onsite. Includes creating and sharing speaker briefing notes, collating presentations, and working with content to update programmes.
- Ensure Health & Safety best practices are followed and monitored throughout the planning cycle and onsite.
- Operations Manager
- £30,000 to £35,000 basic salary plus 10%
- Full Time / Permanent